May 20-21, 2012
The first ASCC High Performance Driving School of 2012 will be held during the long weekend on Sunday May 20th and Monday 21st, 2012. This session is open to anyone who wants to learn some of the more advanced techniques and track safety to qualify for a Lapping card or Time Attack license for the 2012 season. Remember that you REQUIRE one of these licenses to drive at ARMS AMP Lapping and Time Attack events!
The High Performance Driving School will take place starting with a evening classsroom session at 6:30pm Sunday May 20th at 100 Dispensing Way, Lower Sackville followed by an all day track session at Atlantic Motorsport Park on Monday May 21st. Entry fee is $200.00 which includes the Lapping card and/or Time Attack license for students who successfully complete the school. This course consists of a classroom session instructing students on the theory and physics of high performance driving as well as track safety and the following day consists entirely of on-track activities with small groups of students paired to experienced instructors.
The HPDS Students are required to bring the following:
– A safe street vehicle. If your vehicle can pass MVI its probably fine for the on-track sessions. Vehicles will be inspected for suitability (Brakes, Tires, etc) prior to the session. Convertible vehicles are NOT permitted without adequate rollover protection, most factory rollover protection is not enough so please check with the organizers. Please contact the organizers with questions regarding vehicle suitability. Students will be asked to complete a self-inspection checklist provided prior to the course.
– A Snell 2000M or newer ‘M’ rated helmet is acceptable, provided the car is not equipped with a roll cage or racing slicks. Cars with cages and/or slicks will require a Snell 2000+ ‘SA’ rated helmet. Helmets meeting the following FIA standards are also approved.
Snell 2000 SA / 2005 SA / 2010 SA/SAH
SFI Foundation 31.1A or 31.2A
British Standards Institution BS 6658-85 type A/FR
If you do not have access to a helmet please contact the organizers as loaner helmets may be arranged with advance notice.
Below are the forums and rules you need to read, understand and fill out for this school:
SoloSport Self Tech Form must be filled out and completed.
ARMS Membership Application +$30
License Application Form (to be filled out by you and your instructor at the end of the school)
ASN Canada FIA Time Attack Regulations
ASN Canada FIA Lapping Regulations
Information regarding rollover bars (please inform us if you plan to use a convertible for the school, most convertibles do not meet our safety requirements) http://asncanada.com/ASN_Solosport/ASN_Canada_FIA_App-C&D_RollCage.pdf
A helmet for the school is required. If you do not have an acceptable helmet please inform us ASAP.
A Snell 2000M rated helmet is acceptable for use in all classes except Modified and provided the car is not equipped with a roll cage.
For the school a fire extinguisher is not required.
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completion of this High Performance Driving School qualifies participants for an ARMS Lapping and Time Attack license allowing you access to the many lapping and solo competition sessions at Atlantic Motorsport Park throughout the year. The cost of this license is included in your school entry.
Note: Preferential placement will be given to students interested in obtaining their Time Attack qualifications for the purposes of running the 2012 ARMS Time Attack series held at AMP! As participants interested in Time Attack will be given preference, those interested only in obtaining the qualifications to attend lapping sessions may be asked to complete a Lapping Specific School, held at another date.
Registration and Payment for all Schools
To register for the schools please email the following information to the appropriate address:
– Phone Number
– Email address for contact
– Make/Model/Year of vehicle and significant modifications if applicable
– Is your car a convertible (Yes / No)
– Previous motorsports/driving school experience with summary details (e.g. BMW school, previous HPDS, x years of AutoSlalom)
– For the HPDS please indicate if you intend to compete in Time Attack for 2012
Please forward all information to Brian Gay at: email@example.com
A $50.00 deposit is required to reserve your entry. Cheques payable to ASCC can be mailed to ASCC, Box 31120, Halifax NS, B3K 5Y1, ATT Debbie Miller. Deposits or full payments can also be made via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of ONE WEEK prior to the event (May 13th for the High Performance School) Deposits or payments after those dates may not guarantee a position! Refunds of deposits will not be issued after these dates.
Participation in any ARMS School requires membership in an ARMS-sanctioned club. Please make arrangements in advance to secure your memberships or memberships can be secured on-site. Yearly membership to ASCC is $30 and can be purchased at the school or online on the ASCC website.