Welcome to the ASCC Website!

Welcome to the Atlantic Sports Car Club website! On this site you’ll find all the information you need to get involved in Motorsports with ASCC. Whether your interest is the against-the-clock competition of Slalom and Time Attack, the accuracy and precision of TSD Rally, learning advanced driving and car control with a High Performance Driving School or the excitement of door to door Road Racing you’ll find what you need right here!

Via links at the top and right of this page you’ll find the ASCC Event Calendar and ARMS Forum. ASCC will continue to use the well-trafficked Atlantic Region Motorsports Forum for all online discussion, we encourage everyone to visit and join in the conversations! The ASCC Events Calendar is now hosted by Google Calendar, which provides us a lot more flexibility in displaying event information and keeping everyone current! Using the Google provided tools you can keep an up to date ASCC calendar on your phone or email application in just a few clicks!

We are continually updating and adding information to this site as we go forward, including some new information never before seen and some great club history going back into the many decades ASCC has been providing access to grassroots motorsport in the Maritimes! Check back often!

– The ASCC Executive – Debbie, Alan, Brian and Evan!

Posted on by Gordon Sleigh | 1 Comment

March Meeting

Called to order 7:36  by Brian J.

Treasurer:$19,698. Includes 20 HPDS deposits. Insurance for exec and non-speed events pending.

Club is contributing $2000 fund to delegate to club members attending National level events. Max of $200 per person.

Membership: 58 members. Alan not here

Rally: Tight finish to rallycross season. Next season may see return to SSW. Rally set for June 16, location TBD.

Solo:HPDS full. Most deposits paid.  Waiting list filling. Autox season starts May 12 at stoneridge fellowship. Regional calendar ready.

3 time attacks. Day before race weekends in June, July, and Sept. Lapping will be included as well.

Race: no updates.

Old business: no update from AMP AGM. Joel is looking into shirts.

New business: none

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

February general meeting

Membership: 54


Rally: Rallycross going well. Navx went well.

Solo: 4 Shearwater and one church event confirmed. Plus Digby and a SSW Wednesday night. $280 for hpds May 21 and 22.

Alan ordered new cards with 2018 schedule.

Race: still quiet. Some online points discussion, nothing confirmed.

ARMS report: No major decisions made at last meeting.

New business: AMP AGM this Saturday in Truro. Club hasn’t made a recent donation to AMP. They have asked for one. Frank McCarthy moves to give $2,500 donation. Second Ian P. All in favour. 17 in attendance.

Questions for AMP meeting: what is food service situation for AMP, and what is gate control situation?

Question:does Ascc have policy on contributions for national level events? A: we have supported national event trips in past, but we treat it on a case by case basis.

Making Digby shirt and club shirt this year.

Old business: ASCC mourns the loss of hon. founding member George Sheppard, former members Shannon Churchill and Vint Lloyd.

Club requires new director at large to replace George. Floor nominated Chris Ward. Appointment made by Debbie M.

Brian J moved to retire George’s number 44 and name Solo trophy in his name. Second by Ian P. All in favour.


Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

2017 AGM Minutes

Called to order 7:32

32 in attendance. 8 proxies. Please


When 2016 was winding down we got the bad news that we had lost our church parking lot for our solo events. We had had a few years enjoying the convenient, if a bit small, location. We saw our competitor numbers increase and the quality of the events was outstanding. So we started 2017 wondering where we could go. Thankfully, with the help of a wonderful contact, we were able to obtain Shearwater and we had  an exciting  year breaking in a new location for our slalom events. Shearwater  has been an absolute blast, gobs of room, lots of parking, convenient location and usually always a sea breeze to keep the bugs down. We were even able to work around the three long speed bumps that separated the taxiway from the runways. I know … speed bumps on a runway??

Thanks to our hardworking solo crew, Director Scott Montgomery and past director (and current race director) Joel Nelson, we were able to run some fast, safe and interesting events. The usual support team of the Partridge family, Krista Nelson and Alan Gray kept things organized and we seemed to get enough help from the competitors to keep the day running well and ending on time.

Being a semi-operable military base, we are not sure what dates we  will get for 2018 as we have to work around some DND events, but Shearwater has confirmed they are happy with us, and the big cheque that we write at the beginning of the year, and so we know we will be back.

Scott and Joel are busy planning events for 2018 and are trying to make next year even bigger and better than 2017.

Our rally division is small and director Ian Pearce, who is already busy enough with all his other obligations,  trys to get in one ASCC  event each year, but the weather can thwart our January date pretty quickly so we mostly play a supporting role  to the big player in the local rally world, our sister club BAC.  We are happy to help where we can with checkpoints and competitors.

Race is a region commodity, and we support these events with the usual numbers of workers and competitors.

We are 192 members for 2017 and already have a head start on our membership drive for 2018. The club AGM is in December and we will decide rules and executive then. I want to thank vice president Alan Gray, Treasurer Brian Jarvis and secretary Evan Williams for helping keep this all together last year. It has been disappointing to see the state of affairs at the region level and we hope this weekend will end with a new slate of officers and a fresh look toward the future. I would like to thank Dave Hull for the amazing amount of time he has spent as President of the region and we wish him well in new career  in radio  and hope that he continues to keep AMP looking neat and trimmed.

Thank you to all our competitors both in the club and in the region, we are busy making sure you have lots of fun events to attend for next year. Pool

2017 ASCC Treasurer’s Report Brian J.
From the vantage point of December 12 the final fiscal performance of the club looks generally positive, with an approximate Net Intake of $2400 before the recording of some final TBA club-AGM expenses (eg trophies). This is in line with the 2016 Net Income of ~$3355.28.
We currently have a CIBC Chequing/Cash Account balance of $23,422.02, a Petty Cash Box balance of ~$125, and an equipment trailer with a Market Value of ~$250.
In comparison to 2016, Intake increased by ~2.8% to $26,819. Income from Dues increased by 12% to $4798; Solo Events increased by 6% to $13,830; the HPDS by 10% to $7975.
Exhaust increased by ~17% to $24,428. Significant increases were realized in the Location Rental Fees for the Solo events but this was offset somewhat by a reduction in spending on Supplies and Digby event expenses. Also there was no National Event Tow Fund for 2017 ($2002 in 2016). 
In 2017 the Club also encountered serious issues with its PayPal account and assets accumulated between October 22, 2016 and May 10, 2017 ($2955.04) were frozen until August 14, 2017. Reasons for the freeze were not made clear and communication with PayPal officials was practically non-existent. Until such time as we are able to clarify what they require of the Club to maintain the account with full-access we have no choice but to discontinue accepting PayPal payments. On the other hand, e-transfers via typical Canadian financial institutions are highly recommended and often cost less to receiver and/or payee. If using an e-transfer, please use treasurer@ascc.ca (goes only to the Treasurer) for the actual transfer. It’s also a good idea to  send a separate email to exec@ascc.ca (goes to all the ASCC Executive for verification purposes) indicating you have sent a payment to the Treasurer.

Race report: Joel N

My first year down as ASCC race director and my fears are gone. It was really interesting to be involved in the discussion and decision making throughout the year. We came up with some good ideas and some that were maybe not as good, but in the end I feel we were relatively happy with the Outcome and the knowledge learned over the year.

2017 had 9 rookies between the 2 schools held over the race season. So we had plenty of new drivers and a few new cars. We even had some old cars and drivers return with the start of Vintage Racing, three out of the five race weekends held a Vintage race series.

The last two race weekends with safety in-mind do to some excessive speed differences,  we tried something new and split the GT1-3 cars and GT4-6 cars into two fields, giving each group a more open track. With racing as tight as it is, it created some very good battles in the GT4-6 group, and ended with some races being won on the last lap.

It was awesome to see so many new drivers and cars. Some teams unfortunately had to put in great effort to repair or rebuilt their cars so they could get back on track but they kept there spirits high. Unfortunately, some things are out of your control. Just as one of the Rookie driver’s season started, it appeared to end with the unfortunate luck of losing his car and trailer to thieves. However, with the combined efforts of multiple people in the clubs, social media and some luck, his trailer and car were found parked in the woods almost untouched just one week before the next race. It was quickly prepped; semi cleaned and was back on track doing what it was built for. Hopefully this will be a one time incident.

Tow as always had some work this summer but unfortunately that is part of racing. Thankfully just the cars were damaged and most made it back before seasons end. We had good year for Marshall, but race is still in need of more officials as we now have many officials doing multiple jobs. We had a racer step up and start mentoring some of the newer drivers to the series.  This is something we plan on continuing and improving on into the future.  AMP continues to make track improvements and it is looking and feeling safer year after year. With more improvements happening right after this race season ended.

The Race workshop at the ARMS AGM was well attended and taking into account everything we learned and tried this past year, 2018 will see a change in the race day schedule. We are creating two Raceday series, Debert and Penfield. Each race will have its own Qualifying, heat race and main race. Bringing in this change will be the semi-end of the unlimited race, as it will be combined into the one hour. Changing to the two series will also allow us to possibly restructure the fee setup giving racers the chance to pay for 1 series, or a full day. Hopefully this will bring out more cars and drivers.

ARMS Awards were given out. Leigh Pettipas received the Les Fraser award, Brian Partridge the Sprit Award and Scott Montgomerie was the rookie of the year. Just to name a few.

I think the worst part of the racing season is it seems so short. It always feels like its just getting started, when really it’s coming to an end. The 2018 season may be 5 months away but it’s already looking good.

Membership report Alan G: Membership for topped out at 202 members in 2017 compared to 197 for 2016. Of the 202 members, 192 were registered prior to September 1 to set our voting quorum. I expect membership to be the same or better next year, especially if we are able to book Shearwater again for events.

Rally report. Ian P

2017 has again been a year of ups and downs. ASCC did not formally organise any events in 2017. While that may seem like a bit of a daming statement, we remain a club with a strong support of rally in the region.

The region saw no less than four performance events involving snow, gravel, dirt, and copious amounts of mud. The lookoff continued to grow with a double digit entries and competition from as far away as the Turks and Caicos.

Many ASCC members were present at the CARS AGM, which was this year held in Halifax for the first time in many moons. The televised live awards banquet was hosted by a Subaru dealership with 15cm of fresh snow falling.

New cars have been built, and some already present ones have changed hands and been put to good use. There is a sense that performance rally is moving forward on strong footing.

Rallycross continues to show record entries in the hands of BAC. Many members compete and assist in this series.

One familiar refrain is the state of Navex. Again this year we only had two events that ran with the weather postponing a third. It seems trust in the state of snow will remain the department of provinces with more northern reachings. We are great full for the new organisers that have worked tirelessly to make events happen. To that end, January 13th 2018 will see a winter Navex.

We look forward to 2018 with clipboards, washed nomex, and tire cutters ready.

New business:

Jan meeting will be Jan 9 at Kartbahn. We are accepting donations for Feed Nova Scotia.

Thanks to Ian and Cathy for organising region AGM.

New region exec. Alan G is now secretary. Cindy McCarron new President, Debbie M new VP.

Ming D and Brian P are solo directors still.

Scott M motion to adopt ARMS new solo classing for club events. Would combine SP and SM and Prepared and Modified classes for trophies. Joel N second. Unanimous approval.

Old: One name for honourary membership. Brian J motioned for Alan Grey. Has 15 years consecutive membership. Second by Trevor G. To be voted on in March.

Ratify actions of 2016. Motioned by Gordon S and Scott M. All in favour.

Motion from last year AGM was to lower quorum to 20% or 20 whichever was lesser. It was not voted on as it should have been in March. Voted and discussed now. All in favour.

Same for honourary members. Ian Pearce, Charlotte and James Partridge. All voted in favour.

AMP is looking for a new treasurer.

Ron Johnson Memorial trophy president’s award for working hard for the last year for the clubs.

Elections. Ralph Rosere is nominating committee

No nominations from floor for treasurer, secretary, VP or president. All incumbents acclaimed. Ralph moves that nominations end. Chris W seconds.


Trivia again held by Bruce Buntain.

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

November Meeting Minutes

195 members.

Treasurer: all paid up with region. $23,560.03 in accts. Some money to come in from event entries. Brian will prepare report on Shearwater slaloms.

Solo: last event had 50+ at Shearwater. We will try to get in to church again next year. Shearwater has some scheduling issues for 2018, unsure what we will be able to schedule. Only expected topic for ARMS AGM is venues.

Rally: Rallycross starts Nov 26.

Race:no news. Some possible classing or category changes will be discussed at ARMS AGM

Old business:

Ascc giving $20 for ARMS AGM workshop attendees toward banquet.

New business: none.




Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

October Meeting Minutes

Called to order by Alan G. Debbie is away

195 total members. 192 for region levy.

Treasurer: $23,971 in chequing. All bills paid. AARCA still hasn’t cashed our HPDS day cheque.

Rally: Navx by first time organisers. 4 entries. Ran well. Trout Lake performance rally this weekend. Still looking for volunteers. Next NAVX Jan 13 in Elmsdale. Rallycross season starts November 26, Conrad’s gravel pit. Noise restrictions in effect. No spectators.

Race: September race weekend was down on cars. Split grid ran well. JCM saw just 16 cars. Not sure why low numbers.

Solo: no club events since last meeting. 2 regionals in NB. Well attended. Matt Steeves won regional. Scott M finished 2nd. Our last club event is Oct 14 in Shearwater.

New business: Club AGM is December meeting. Region AGM is November 15-17.

Old business: No




Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

September General Meeting Minutes

Treasurer: PayPal money resolved. $25902. Some cheques in and out not yet received or processed. Including arms levy and fees from Shearwater.

Membership: 192 members. 191 for 2017 region levy.

Rally: Lookoff was Aug 20. 11 competitors. Next rally Oct 15. Need volunteers. Navigation rally Sept 30 in Windsor, Oct 1 Hubbards.

Race report: last weekend had two offs. Both cars damaged, drivers not. Next race weekend will not have a practice to save schedule. Registration will close at 8:45. Late registration means no qualifying times.

Looking for a new gatekeeper for track weekends next year.

Solo: 2 events since last meeting. People are not sticking around to clean up after they do fun runs. May be a charge for fun runs in future. Commissionaires are arriving 35+ minutes late to gate. Debbie will address with them. Last ascc slalom is Oct 14.

Old business: No

New Business: SEPT 23 east coast Subaru club is having an event in Bedford crossing. We are donating up to 5 memberships for them to raffle for Ronald McDonald House. We will also have a display there.

Frank McCarthy is in charge of our nomination committee for Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame. We have nominated the Partridges. Are also nominating Derek Lugar, member since 1976. Also the club itself. MMSC is already a member. We are older. Frank McCarthy moves to approve nominations. Paul Susnis seconds. 16 members in attendance, all in favour.

Club AGM is December meeting. Will be at Riverside. Carting at Jan meeting.R

Region AGM is November 17-18. President is up for election and not reoffering.

Talk of 2 HPDS next year. 6 Shearwater events including one regional. Amp to be club event. One at Scotia Speed World, 2 at Digby.



Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

August General Meeting Minutes

Membership report: 184 members

Treasurer: $18,310 in chequing. Some outstanding deposits and invoices. $2955 stuck in PayPal. Have made multiple attempts to resolve this with PayPal with no results. Will wait for 180 days to pursue legal action based on PayPal user agreement.

Solo:47 at night event. 2nd Shearwater was on 22nd. 52 entries. Used longer course, slightly faster. Took donations for fun runs. We are waiting for SSW invoice with correct charges. Price of Shearwater may go up to $40 next year.

Rally: rally sprint went well. New roads. Aug 19 and 20 is lookoff rally. 11 cars registered, including multiple from Ont and PQ. Charity event will let people ride in codriver seat for a fee.

Race: 4 students at latest school. 3 New cars at event, with the return of Leon!

New business: region AGM Nov 17-19 in Truro. Presented by ARRCA. President and Secretary positions are coming open.

Our Maritime Motorsports hall of fame nominator would like us to nominate Pidge and Charlotte for 2018. All in favour. They will prepare their nomination form.

Old: none

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

July Meeting Minutes

Brian J. Not in attendance. No treasurer report

Membership:168 members

Solo:Digby had 37 and 40. Lunches went well.  There was no dinner, and we may have one next year. 8 students at slalom school. 5 spare shirts remaining. One runway light damaged. Bill approx $220 for light.

This saturday night is an evening event at Scotia Speed World. Next event July 22 at Shearwater.

Decided not to charge for damage runway ligths unless it becomes more common.

Chris W brought banner and sponsorship from O’Regans.

Rally: rally sprint July 23.

Race report:

New business: Movie night: baby driver Bayer’s Lake next Tuesday

Old business: none




Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

June General Meeting Minutes

Membership report 158. Over 30 new at slalom.

Solo report: had hpds. Well attended, ran well. 29 students, two new instructors. No complaints from event. First Shearwater slalom had 59. Off site by 4:30.  Ran well. Next event June 21 at Scotia Speed world. Pre registration required.

30 registered for Digby. Tomorrow last day for early bird price.

Looking into food on site at Shearwater. Not permitted. Asking about increasing time of commissionaires. Looking at a different portable toilet vendor with better hours.

Rally: First regional of year. 7 entries.

Treasurer: $18,741, $2955 in PayPal. Brian is still trying to sort out PayPal access. Shearwater cheque not cashed, commisionare bill outstanding  SSW not yet invoiced.

Race: no report

Old business: No

New business:no


Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

PayPal Problems

At this time, ASCC is having issues with PayPal and some members have received error messages when trying to send funds to our PayPal account.

Until further notice, if you need to send funds to ASCC and wish to do it digitally please send an e-transfer to treasurer@ascc.ca.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments