Welcome to the ASCC Website!

Welcome to the Atlantic Sports Car Club website! On this site you’ll find all the information you need to get involved in Motorsports with ASCC. Whether your interest is the against-the-clock competition of Slalom and Time Attack, the accuracy and precision of TSD Rally, learning advanced driving and car control with a High Performance Driving School or the excitement of door to door Road Racing you’ll find what you need right here!

Via links at the top and right of this page you’ll find the ASCC Event Calendar and ARMS Forum. ASCC will continue to use the well-trafficked Atlantic Region Motorsports Forum for all online discussion, we encourage everyone to visit and join in the conversations! The ASCC Events Calendar is now hosted by Google Calendar, which provides us a lot more flexibility in displaying event information and keeping everyone current! Using the Google provided tools you can keep an up to date ASCC calendar on your phone or email application in just a few clicks!

We are continually updating and adding information to this site as we go forward, including some new information never before seen and some great club history going back into the many decades ASCC has been providing access to grassroots motorsport in the Maritimes! Check back often!

- The ASCC Executive - Debbie, Alan, Brian and Evan!

Posted on by GordonS | 1 Comment

November 2014 Meeting Change

As the 2nd Tuesday of November is the 11th this year, the November meeting will be held November 4th, 7:30pm at the Riverside pub.

The AGM (December meeting) will be held December 9th at Kartbahn in Bayers Lake at 7:30.

January meeting will return to normal date (2nd Tuesday of month) time and location.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

October 2014 Minutes

October 14th. 7:40pm

Membership report: Alan G. 166 members, 158 for 2014 ARMS levy purposes.

Treasurer’s report: Brian J. $13269 in chequing, $8615 in paypal. Waiting for AMP cheque to clear and last event revenue to come in. Have to pay region levy for final regional Autoslalom.

Club will contribute $20 toward banquet fee for all ASCC members who attend a ARMS AGM workshop and attend the banquet. Monies will be paid at event.

Solo: Joel N. Last event last Saturday. 32 competitors followed by an hour of fun runs. It was discussed if non Region members get points in club events. This needs to be clarified in the rules. It was asked how they are affected for insurance purposes. They are covered as long as they are part of an ASN affiliated club. There was discussion of the ASCC slalom rules. The book needs to be reviewed and brought in line with regional changes. There was also a question as to when registration closed. This should be handled in event supplemental regulations and discussed at ASCC AGM.

Rally: Ian P. Jim T is trying to do a NAV-X rally in January. We will be notified if it is a go.
8 Rallycross events are scheduled.

Race: Debbie M. 8 legends cars at Jack Canfield Memorial. the 3 hour went great. No wrecks, lots of good close racing. Safety cars and recoveries went well.
It was asked if a veteran driver took a rookie’s car for one session how fees would be assessed. If both the veteran and rookie drivers are registered there would be no additional fee (Rookie would still get rookie rate)

Next Meeting Nov 4 at Riverside pub.

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

September 2014 Minutes

Membership report, Alan G 154 Members.

Treasurer’s report, Brian J $12098 in chequing, $8529 in paypal.

Solo, Joel N. 36 at AMP regional including several new members. Not all ASN rules are in the ARMS rulebook. This needs to be updated.

Race: Large # of Spec Miata incidents. Penalties are levied and changed with no notification to competitors. Racers are only finding out via revised standings. There is also no record of penalties or their reasons for events. Many competitors want this info, and should get it. Posts about this on forum are being deleted. Reply Debbie M: Penalty info only provided to driver involved. Last year it was felt that penalties were assessed to quickly, so this year there was an attempt to fix this and allow video review. The Org. is facing more incidents and under more pressure this year than in years past and is working to improve response, consistency, speed of decisions and communication.

Forum issues are being deleted with no consistency. Being moved, access is not being granted and rules are not visible or followed.

Rally: Last performance rally of season Oct 17th. Trout lake.

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

August 2014 General Meeting Minutes

August General Meeting Minutes

Called to order at 7:30pm by Debbie M.

Membership Report: Alan G. 152 Members as of Today.

Treasurer’s Report: Brian J. $8144.17 in Paypal, $13589 in chequing. This amount includes the tow fund pay-out, but does not include the Digby rental fee.

Solo Report: Joel N. We have had 3 events since last meeting. 2014 Canadian Autoslalom Championships in Slemon Park Pei. We had 23 members, 20 qualified for tow fund. We had 2 club members finish in top 10. Event at Scotia Speed World had 34 competitors. Aug 8 in Lr. Sackville had 26 cars, despite calls for bad weather. Portable Toilet was a good idea, adnd is appreciated. Debbie M was faster than George in George’s Focus. Our next event is Sept 7 at AMP.

Rally: Ian P. Ledwidge Lookoff Rally is Aug 23 & 24. Spectator stage Saturday at 5pm in Conrad’s gravel pit near Dartmouth. Parc exposé at Dartmouth Crossing from 3-5. There will be a rally-cross exhibition at the pit during the event. Volunteers are still needed. Lookoffrally.com for info.

Race: Debbie M. Race this Sunday at AMP.

New Business: Do we know the location for the 2014 AGM? No, but it is in Moncton. ASCC will give $20 toward the banquet for any ASCC member attending a workshop at the AGM. ASCC is offering to host the 2015 AGM for our 60th anniversary.

Motion to adjourn 8:32pm

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

July 2014 General Meeting Minutes

July General meeting minutes:
Called to order by Debbie M at 7:37pm.
Treasurer’s Report: Brian J. $13 131.83 in chequing, $7970.89 in paypal. Approximately $1000 in cheques and expenses not cleared. Mostly related to Digby Event.

Membership Report: Alan G. 138 Members as of this morning

Solo Report: Joel N. 35 entrants at Digby Double. Social at Pizza Delight went well. They were good courses, generally liked and received lots of compliments. Next event is July 19 at Stoneridge Fellowship in Lr. Sackville. Then Jul 23rd at Scotia Speedworld. Pei National Autoslalom Championship is Aug 1-3rd. There is a Time Attack this Saturday, July 12th.

Rally: Ian P. There are no more Navx rallies likely before fall. There is a performance rallysprint July 20th in Noel. Help is needed.
August 23 and 24 is the Lookoff Rally. There is a Parc Ferme at Dartmouth Crossing on the 23rd, with a spectator stage at Conrad’s gravel pit in Dartmouth. There are 12 rally stages on Sunday . lookoffrally.com

Race: Debbie M. There is a Race this Sunday, July 13th. There are only 3 pre-registered. There was a discussion of penalties related to the recent races. We were advised that the ARMS race committee is looking into this and will try to be efficient, fair and consistent with penalties.

Old business: The New Decals have arrived. There is some concern as to the artwork (wider blue bands, borders around letters). It was agreed to wait until next year to look at purchasing additional larger decals. Current 3” size decals are available to members at no charge.

New Business: No

Motion to Adjourn: Ian P. 8:47pm

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

June 10 General Meeting Minutes

June 2014 Minutes
Called to order at 7:37 by Debbie M.

Treasurer’s report: Brian J. $18000 in chequing, $6608 in paypal. There are still some outstanding invoices, and some cheques from Saint John tow fund. We have paid 50% levy to region.

Membership report: Alan G. We have 132 members as of start of meeting.

Solo Report: Joel N. 17 ASCC members attended the Saint John regional event. The most recent club event was June 7 in Lr. Sackville. We had 37 entrants. The next event ins June 18th at Scotia Speedworld.
The Digby Double is June 27-29. The quote for t-shirts was $13.59/ea (+tx) for 40, but if we ordered 48 the 8 would be only 4.93 each extra (tax incl). We also ordered 4 2xl shirts at a $2.50 (+tx) each upcharge.
Ralph G. is able to assist with providing a portable toilet at HRM events. Debbie M will speak with the Stoneridge Fellowship officials to see if that is something they will permit.
There was discussion as to if we are renting the new timing board to MMSC for the national autoslalom. Alan will check if they are interested. We will at minimum require that they have it insured and will replace if damaged.

Rally report: James P. There was a regional navigational rally June 8th. This went well. There is a rallysprint on July 20th.

Race report: Joel N. asked if it was necessary to have a go line on the track as there was concern that people were accelerating too soon on race starts and that it was causing a safety issue. There is concern that if the start is jumped, then waved off, that cars accelerating through turn 11 would not be able to see cars slowed on the straight. There was discussion also of throwing a yellow and green flag to show that a start was waved off, but to continue to accelerate so as not to be rear-ended.

MMSC will not be hosting the July race as they have in past.

Old Business: Brian has sent decal art to Gord S. Our plan is to order 300 3″ decals at approximately $0.40 each. Debbie will pursue ordering 150 4″ inside/outside stickers from a local source.

New business: There is a plan to have a raffle or prizes at Digby. Members are encouraged to reach out to businesses with whom they have a relationship for potential prizes (ie: Shirts, gift cards, gift sets, etc)
AMP did some urgent re-paving in turns 5 & 6 last week. Some of the November paving had failed and has now been repaired.

Motion to Adjourn:Chris W. 9:20pm

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes, Uncategorized | Leave a comment

2014 Digby Double! June 27 – 29, 2014

ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
2014 REGIONAL AUTOSLALOM SERIES

Test & Tune / School – Friday June 27th
Regional Event #3 – Saturday June 28th
Regional Event #4 – Sunday June 29th


General: This will be the third & fourth event in the 2014 ARMS AutoSlalom Championship. It is held under the ARMS SoloSport General Competition Rules. Copies of the ARMS SoloSport GCRs, entry forms, and preparation point schedule are available at http://www.armsinc.ca. Any amendments to these Supplementary Regulations will be posted on the notice board at Registration on the day of the event. It is the responsibility of each competitor to check for, and adhere to posted changes. There will be a minimum of four (4) timed runs offered to each entrant for each event. The Organizers reserve the right to refuse any entry, modify the schedule, or cancel the event.

Sanction: These events are sanctioned by Atlantic Region Motor Sports Inc. (A.R.M.S.) and ASN Canada FIA Inc.

Organizing Club: Atlantic Sports Car Club.

Organizers: Joel Nelson / ASCC SoloSport Committee

Series Steward: Ming-Duc Wong

Entry Fees: 
$70 – Per Driver Weekend Pass (Includes Friday T&T, Saturday AutoSlalom & Sunday AutoSlalom & 1 T-Shirt)

OR

$25 – Per Driver Friday T&T
$35 – Per Driver Per Event (Saturday or Sunday)

Cash Accepted. Cheques Payable to: “Atlantic Sports Car Club”
Please ensure to correctly class your car.

Entry forms must be received by 6:00 p.m. ADT, June 23rd 2014 to avoid the $15 late fee for the weekend (or $10 for single event).

Application via PayPal can be made to paypal@ascc.ca or via ONLINE

(click CONTINUE READING to pre-register) Continue reading

Posted in AutoSlalom, Motorsport | Leave a comment

Event Registration 2014 ASCC/Regional Autoslalom #1

The first slalom of the year will take place May 10, 2014 at Stoneridge Church in Lower Sackville please Click Continue reading to pre-register Continue reading

Posted in AutoSlalom, Motorsport | Leave a comment

April 2014 General Meeting Minutes

April meeting. Called to order 7:35 by Alan G.
Treasurer’s report, Brian J.: 17033.11 chequing 1761.21 paypal. Paypal is emptied at end of calendar year.
The Treasurer is proud to announce 2014 AutoSlalom title sponsors: PBM ltd, kraftwerx auto. Still looking at scoring system and time lights.

Membership Report, Alan G: 66 members as of this morning. Reminder no license renewal without valid membership.

Solo rept: Joel N. Have a price on timing display and are looking how to order. School info is up, the school is May 3rd. Hpds May 18.
Time attack: 16 competitors required per event, cost will be 180 plus transponder. Racers in race cars registered for next race will be $100. 3 Lappers takes place of 1 attacker for numbers, cost is 80 to just lap. Driver is responsible for own classing; if you class too high it is your fault, too low and caught will be bumped to highest class. Looking at marshalls for far side of track, using competitors for near to better use manpower and reduce changeover times. Passing and passing sessions will each be worth points. Goal is to go to all passing. Can share a car, but no price break.
No solo questions

Rally: Ian P. Last rally-x this Sunday. Work party, details to follow, to help patch lot.
Perf rally June 20, rally sprint. The Aug event in Tennecape to have 5 stages. Oct 19 single road event to finish year. Stage crews needed, esp for Aug event Aug 24. Parc ferme Saturday. 3 stages in gravel pit. Newcap media sponsor, q104!
Nav rally, may 18. Wheaton’s in lr Sackville. 1pm start. Bluenose nav rally. June 8th, Windsor. 225km 1pm.

Race report: Debbie away. No report at this time. Sfi Hans info on arms site. Race school may 24 and 25. 1st race is may 25. Gt3 classing is vague. Looking at possible changes for next year.

Not racing? Want to be at track? Talk to Ian about being a Marshall!

Old business: none

New business: Frank McC has brought forward George S for nomination to the Maritime motorsports hall of fame.
Swap shop: mike B: various rwd corolla parts. Body kits, etc. Brian J 17×7 enkei wheels for mini or miata 4×100. Alan C bmw m-coupe 1999. 3.2L. Silver. Like new. Loaded. Alan G stock mustang bullitt suspension.

Ian motion to adjourn 2nd Chris.

Posted in General Club Business, Meeting Minutes | Leave a comment

Executive Meeting Change

The ASCC Executive meeting scheduled for April 1 has been moved to 6:30pm April 8 (prior to the general meeting at 7:30)

Posted in General Club Business | Leave a comment